Diehl Family of 3

Diehl Family of 3

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Adoption Opportunity and Landon's Birth

After posting about our fifth loss and people reading our post (Tuesday), we got word that there was a birth mom (Ashley) who was looking for someone to adopt her baby boy who was due in September. The connection was through the dance studio that my sister used to dance at. We talked with Jennifer for a while that evening and she gave us the birth mom's aunt's contact number. We contacted her and set up lunch for that following Friday. JJ and I had lunch with both Ashley and her aunt on Friday in Coppell. We were leaving to celebrate our 3rd anniversary on the West Coast the following week, so we told them we were going to pray about it and get back with them soon. We contacted a private adoption attorney while we were traveling and began the process. I went with Ashley to a few of her appointments during the summer prior to starting back at work. We quickly got a nursery ready and began waiting. Ashley went past her due date and it seemed like forever waiting. She informed me that they would induce her on the 4th and she would let me know when I could come up to the hospital. The night before, JJ had kidney stone pain and didn't sleep well at all. We called the doctor the following morning and scheduled an appointment at Baylor Irving since that's where Ashley would be delivering. After being seen, the doctor said he was going to have surgery that day. We were at the hospital until around 8:30 p.m. and still no word from Ashley. Her friend that was with her did give me text updates though. After we were discharged, we went to pick up JJ's prescriptions and went to my parent's house in Irving. Around 10:00 after JJ had just fallen asleep, I got a call from Ashley. She said, "Are you ready to meet him?" I of course was super excited and woke JJ up. We quickly grabbed our things and headed back to the hospital. We were in awe as soon as we saw him. Ashley handed him to me and took a picture of us with her phone and texted it to me. We stayed until midnight and told her we would be back the following day whenever it was convenient for her. We were so in love and couldn't wait to bring him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment